The Kverneland DF-2 is a pneumatic seed drill with front-mounted twin hoppers feeding two metering devices. Therefore, the Kverneland DF-2 can distribute seeds and fertiliser at the same time.
As the hoppers are mounted in front of the tractor, the weight is evenly distributed and provides maximum balance. Both DF-1 and DF-2 seeders are more flexible than conventional seed drills and can be used for conventional and precision sowing.
The two metering devices of the DF-2 are driven via the spiked landwheel, which runs on the right side of the machine. Hydraulic fan drives and landwheel lifting are available as options.
The Kverneland DF-2 has a hopper capacity of up to 1650 litres of seeds or fertiliser. This can be increased with an extension up to 2200 litres. Used in combination with a precision seed drill, the hopper can feed up to 16 rows with fertiliser. The handy positioning of all valves and electrics is clear and convenient, facilitating easy adjustment and maintenance.
The Advantages of Kverneland DF-2:
- Balanced weight distribution
- Improved safety and manoeuvrability
- Unrestricted rear view
- To be used for row fertilizing in combination with a precision seed drill
- The central metering device accurately metres any desired volume of seed from 2kg per hectare to 380kg per hectare
- For the sowing of fine seeds, e.g. rape or grass, the metering device can be infinitely adjusted to fine seed/micro-metering by means of a spindle, without any need for tools.
- The metering system is mechanically driven via the spiked landwheel running in the tilled soil.
- The metering device is centrally positioned and easily accessible under the hopper.
Apart from the well-known tramline control FGS and the Signus, the pneumatic seed drills can be equipped with the Tellus GO+ and the IsoMatch Tellus PRO.
Tellus GO+ is especially developed for controlling the machine in a simple way. Easy set up the machine with the soft keys via the 7-inch touch screen. And, optimal control while driving, just use the hard keys and rotary switch.
IsoMatch Tellus PRO – the next generation universal ISOBUS Terminal
- Two ISOBUS interfaces in one terminal
- Multifunctional ergonomic design
- ISOBUS Shortcut Button (ICB)
With this new terminal you can work all the way as a PRO. The maximum working range for the task controller IsoMatch GEOCONTROL is increased from 2 km to maximum 10 km from the starting point. Thus even extremely big fields are handled in a full professional way. The new high brightness screen increases operator comfort. Visibility is increased during the day and dimmed to just a glowing display in dark conditions.
- The central, totally enclosed cell wheel of the metering device accurately measures the required volume of seed and discharges it into the venturi cone where it is mixed with the air stream and then conveyed through the diffuser tube and the seed delivery hoses to the coulters.
- The distribution head is mounted in a protected position inside the seed hopper.
- The CX-II disc coulter from Kverneland not only guarantees smoother running but also exact seed placement.
- The flatter cutting angle of only 5.4° of the steel disc requires less pulling power to reach a constant seeding depth of up to 6cm.
- Due to the combination of the steel disc with a diameter of 325 mm and the flexible plastic disc, there is no need for independent scrapers, saving the cost for expensive wearing parts. In addition the coulter is completely maintenance-free!
- Up to 35 kg coulter pressure can be achieved by a pre-loaded spring. Safe operation is ensured when working with high working speeds and high quantities of plant residues on the soil surface.
- An inter-row coulter spacing of 445 mm for maximum clearance and the following press wheel (standard equipment) ensure an optimum seed/soil contact in all conditions.
- The press wheels can be set in fixed or floating position in order to be able to adapt quickly to changing weather, soil or working conditions.