HighlightsMaximum flexibility with variable row width Most precise seed application of all sorts of seeds Speedy response to changing requirements Compact and clear design GEOCONTROL and GEOSEED
The Kverneland Optima is the universal pneumatic precision drill for maize, sunflowers, field beans, unpelleted beet, pelleted beet, dwarf beans, soya beans, peas, and many other types of seeds.
Within this product group, the Optima V is the perfect precision drill for farmers and contractors who need a seeding machine with various row widths. The frame concept of the Optima V allows the customer to quickly change from a minimum row width of 30cm up to 80cm which ensures a speedy response to changing requirements. Your benefit: a high level of flexibility and less time waste.
The machine is based on an entirely new frame concept that allows the customer to quickly change row widths from a minimum of 30cm up to 80cm.
This new frame concept combines the proven reliability of the Optima sowing unit with an even stronger and more versatile frame.
- Rows are mounted on moveable brackets fixed to a 180x180mm square tube main frame. The machine can be switched from three meters transport-position to four meters working- position with the push of one button
- Strong stability and clear design due to the new Optima headstock made of round tubing
- With the fertilizer hopper directly on top of the headstock, the centre of gravity has been put to the front reducing lifting requirements.
For mulch and conventional sowing
- Optimal depth control even under extreme conditions, due to the heavy basic weight of the sowing unit with the possibility to add additional pressure (up to 100kg) onto each individual sowing unit via the spring-loaded system.
- Effective ground contour following, due to the large lateral depth control by open gauge wheels (Ø410mm, width 120mm).
- Precise seed placement by the small coulter which forms a clean furrow. Light re-compaction and seed covering is done by the intermediate press wheel (as option: heavy stainless steel) and the multi-adjustable V-press wheel – to ensure maximum field emergence.
Seeding heart without seals for HD-II
- The patented seeding heart by Kverneland has reduced maintenance costs to a minimum.
- No friction, no wear, low drive torque, minimum maintenance: The seed disc rotates in the seeding heart together with the vacuum chamber. This seeding drum is connected to the vacuum fan via a hollow shaft.
- This seed heart principal results in no loss of vacuum, and therefore a low vacuum requirement
Up to 18km/h for utmost efficiency
- Optimum depth control due to the heavy basic weight of the sowing unit with the possibility to add additional pressure (up to 100kg) onto each individual sowing unit via spring-loaded system.
- Effective ground contour following due to the large depth control by open gauge wheels (⌀410mm, with 120mm)
- Precise seed placement by the small coulter which forms a clean furrow. Good placement, and seed covering is done by the smooth flexible intermediate press wheel and multi-adjustable V-press wheel.
Seeding heart – Optima SX
- With the pressurized seeding heart, the seeds are “shot” by an airstream of up to 70kph into the furrow. A smooth, flexible intermediate press wheel catches and protects the delicate seeds. Any negative impact such as vibration on the way between release point and soil contact are eliminated due to the high air stream.
- The seeds reach their perfect position in the soil. Each sowing row is electrically powered by ISOBUS connection. An additional generator or other power sources are not required. The complete power supply and control is via ISOBUS.
Micro-drill for Optima HD-II and SX sowing units
The demand for microgranule applicators is increasing. Micro nutrients and also small amounts of insecticides or fungicides ensure the best start of the crop.
The electric driven micro-drills for the Optima HD-II and SX sowing units have been designed as backpack behind the sowing units and offer a hopper capacity of 17 liters.
They are electrically driven and ISOBUS controlled. The metering device consists of a wear-resistant plastic housing with exchangeable cell wheels made of stainless steel. This ensures the precise metering of the micro granules.
The engineers had focus on highest level of operator’s safety by offering easy and safe handling of the applicator. Therefore, the operator can exchange the cell wheels even when the hoppers are full of micro granule. There is no need to empty them first, reducing the operator’s risk of getting in direct contact with the granules.
A plus for the environment
The micro granules fall freely into the seed furrow without any air support, minimising the emission of dust. Therefore, the new micro-drill fully complies with the current guidelines for emission control of any granules applied.
The comfortable, fully ISOBUS integrated control system allows the adaption to the stop and starting points of the seed row. This ensures precise shutting on and off at the end of the field and in tramlines (without overlaps or faults).
e-drive II – complete control and monitoring of the machine from the tractor cab in accordance with ISOBUS standard
- With e-drive II, each sowing unit is driven individually via an electric motor.
- The low-maintenance drive is connected directly to the seeding heart via a toothed belt in an encapsulated dust proof housing.
- This enable an extremely compact design and smooth drive characteristics with low current consumption
- All the data is entered and read out via an ISOBUS terminal like IsoMatch Tellus PRO or Tellus GO+.
- The sowing distances are infinitely adjustable and can be changed during sowing.
- All the sowing units can be switched off individually.
- In conjunction with “close row” sowing widths of 37.5cm a further benefit of the e-drive II comes into play: Individual tramline switching. Tramlines can be set up for any spray width.
- The e-drive II features complete electronic monitoring of all machine functions including seed monitoring via an opto sensor.
IsoMatch GEOCONTROL - Cost saving with immediate payback
Seeding with GPS and GEOCONTROL in combination with an electric driven precision drill is a major step towards precision and cost saving. These machines are all equipped with ISOBUS technology which with the help of the IsoMatch Tellus terminal, can be easily controlled.
Each electric driven seeding element, in combination with GPS and GEOCONTROL, is automatically switched on or off in exactly the right place, ensuring there is no overlap with any row that has already been seeded. This is especially handy in triangular fields, on curved or irregular shaped headlands.
GEOSEED - Precision at high end
GEOSEED is offered in two different levels:
GEOSEED Level 1 is the synchronization in the machines working width. This improves the distribution of seeds up to perfection in parallel or diamond pattern: Positive effects are the best use of nutrients, water and sun. Also the wind and water erosion is decreased.
GEOSEED Level 2 is the synchronization in the whole field. This is the necessary requirement for interrow cultivation, also across the seeding direction. GEOSEED is the only system in the world, that makes this mechanic weeds control possible!