Highlights4.2m³ chamber Blowing distance up to 20m Optimised for maximum capacity and throughput Unique drum-knife for a wide variety of materials Two speed gearbox for reduced flywheel speed Integrated stone trap Choice of 4-stage swivelling chute or side chute. Drum Feed Control System - Blockage-free design
Appetite for More – Increase Capacity
The Kverneland 864 has grown its dimensions in all aspects with a massive 4.2m³ chamber size. It handles 2.1m diameter round bales and its longer body design provides even better support and stability for large square bales.
With a completely redesigned drum and flywheel configuration, it offers significantly higher through put and impressive blowing distances of up to 20m.
- The swivelling chute operates in 4 stages to optimize the blowing distance for bedding
- Blowing distance up to 20m.
- Designed with a turning radius of 260° which enables easy access to even difficult reachable spaces.
- The 3-stage movement enhance the feeding perfomance without blockage even on long fibrous material.
- The Drum Feed Control System (DFCS) is an exclusive feature (patent pending), designed to handle even the most difficult material when feeding.
- It is a simple and reliable system, which includes a powerful electric cylinder and a comb positioned above the drum.
- During loading DFCS is engaged, which means that the comb is in a lowered position.
- This ensures that blockages of the flywheel is minimized during the loading and start up process.
- Once the flywheel speed is at a sufficient level, all you need to do is to push a button and the DFCS ‘fingers’ will be gradually disengaged and open for full flow through the flywheel resulting in
- perfect flow.
- The progressive release of the ‘fingers’ offers a more gentle start, protecting the machine and minimizing the risk of blockages.
- A reliable and simple system with minimum maintenance!
- The Kverneland 863 - 864 features a unique drum – knife configuration.
- Knives are mounted on angled rings so that they pass a fixed ‘comb’ on alternative sides.
- This ensures that materials are cut and fed into the flywheel chamber evenly, reducing the risk of blockage, offering even discharge & leaving the drum and comb clean.
- The drum is fitted with 14 blades as standard, but will accept a further 28 blades according to material type – simply bolt them on in a matter of minutes.
- A patented system - the knives pass the fixed comb on alternative sides for a more even cut.
- To provide the correct flywheel speed for bedding and feeding Kverneland 863 and 864 is fitted with a two speed gearbox.
- At lower speeds the flywheel ensures a metered flow of silage or hay for feeding.
- At high speed a powerful blow for the most efficient distribution during bedding is ensured.
- The gearbox speed is adjusted via the handle on the front of the machine.
- The hydraulically operated rear door fitted provides a self loading facility for easy loading of square and round bales.
- Tailgate and floor chain can be operated via the remote control on the side of the machine.
- The rear door also offers the ability to carry a second round bale for increased capacity.
- A bale kit can be fitted to the end of the tailgate to ensure that the bales stay in position during operation.
- The size of the bale chamber makes it very easy to load the material with a loader - and two round bales can be loaded at the same time - saving time.