The Multi Purpose Machine for Bedding and Feeding
The Kverneland 853 is specifically designed to chop and distribute straw, hay and silage. It provides a flexible and efficient solution for bedding and feeding when working with baled straw, hay or silage and clamp silage. Solid construction ensures reliable performance and long machine life. The 3m3 bale chamber is capable of transporting the largest square bales or 2 round bales. The two speed gear box makes it easy to set the machine for either bedding or feeding purposes. The standard control terminal allows you to easily control the chutes and speed of the chain-and-slat conveyor during work.
- 3m³ chamber.
- Trailed version developed for both feeding and bedding purposes.
- Unique drum-knife configuration to handle a wide variety of materials.
- Two speed gearbox for reduced flywheel speed when discharging feed materials.
- Able to carry up to two round bales in one go.
- Available with the standard or swivelling chute.
- Bedding of straw up to 20m.
- The Kverneland 850 range includes a unique drum-knife configuration.
- Standard on models 853 & 856, the knives are mounted on angled rings so that they pass a fixed ‘comb’ on alternative sides.
- This ensures that materials are cut and fed into the flywheel chamber evenly, reducing the risk of blockage, offering even discharge & leaving the drum and comb clean.
- The drum is fitted with 14 blades as standard, but will accept a further 28 blades according to material type - simply bolt them on in a matter of minutes.
- A patented system - the knives pass the fixed comb on alternative sides for a more even cut.
- The 1.55m diameter flywheel of the Kverneland 850 series is fitted with 6 blowing paddles, providing a powerful blow for the most efficient distribution of the material and an excellent cleaning of the flywheel housing.
- The flywheel does not chop the straw, thus ensuring virtually full length material suitable for bedding of covered yard areas.
- In combination with the 2-speed gearbox (standard on models 853 and 856) the flywheel can throw straw up to 18.00m (on high speed) or gently feed hay/silage at the side of the machine (at low speed).
- With the 280° swivel chute discharge straw can be blown up to 15.00m.
- To provide the correct flywheel speed for bedding and feeding the Kverneland 853 and 856 are fitted with a two speed gearbox.
- At lower speeds the flywheel ensures a metered flow of silage or hay for feeding.
- At high speed a powerful blow for the most efficient distribution during bedding is ensured.
- The gearbox speed is adjusted via the handle on the side of the machine.
- The standard chute is suitable for both bedding and feeding purposes.
- Without excessive blow the feed can be positioned over barriers, into troughs or onto the floor.
- The height of the discharge chute is controlled hydraulically, offering simple adjustment from bedding to feeding positions.
- The lower chute tray and discharge flap are self-adjusting to ensure unrestricted flow according to material type being used.
- For bedding purposes the chute is moved up and down through the control terminal. The standard chute is able to blow straw up to 18m.
The Kverneland 853 and 856 can be fitted with the new swivelling chute that is suitable for both bedding and feeding purposes.
- The new chute is positioned right above the flywheel where the blow is strongest.
- This gives a more efficient distribution of the material and reduces the risk of blockages.
- The swivelling chute allows the operator to accurately direct bedding materials into otherwise inaccessible areas of the building. The end flap of the swivel chute operates via an electric actuator whilst the 260° rotation of the chute is hydraulically operated.
- For feeding of hay and silage the material is feed into the feed chute that direct the material onto the floor.
- The hydraulically operated rear door fitted to 800 series provides a self loading facility for easy loading of square and round bales.
- The rear door also offers the ability to carry a second round bale for increased capacity.
- A bale kit can be fitted to the end of the tailgate to ensure that the bales stay in position during operation.
- The size of the bale chamber makes it very easy to load the material with a loader - and two round bales can be loaded at the same time - saving time.
Technical specificationsDownload brochure
Power Req., Min